Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seven Months!

I have four months left. This is absolutely horrifying. Absolutely horrifying. I could cry. (Okay, not really. But it's that kind of feeling.)

Laura and Elif
This is actually tomorrow, which is the eternally-elusive Feburary 29th. It's a good thing 2012 is a leap year, otherwise I'd be freaking out about how I would hit the 8-month mark without the 7-month mark. And that's really confusing. 

I find that these points make good excuses to celebrate with the other exchange students...and that's exactly what we did last weekend. We met at the mall, watched a movie, an then went out to get crepes. These are not French crepes. Brazil has taken the crepe and...Brazilianized it, I suppose. They are much larger and flakier, and you can get them in either dessert form or dinner form (so, like, chicken, lettuce, tomato, etc.). This has been on the agenda for months, so now that's it's over, we're going to need another excuse to get together...

AFS Fortaleza 2011!
In other AFS-related news, three new exchange students arrived just before Carnaval. One from Germany (whom I have not yet met), and two from Thailand. Brazil has a lot of students from Germany and Thailand (and Italy). But I am most certainly not complaining. These kids are pretty legit. 

Some other exchange students and I want to plan a trip to Jericoacoara in April. If you don't know, Jericoacoara is one of the most famous (if not the most famous) beach of the Brazilian Northeast! If all works out, I will be totally pumped.

Rio/Paraty photos have been added. It took an hour to add them. Why must I always write so much...?

No comments:

Post a Comment